Meet Jackie, Teddy and Bear!
Jackie Murphy - Specialist Dog Trainer
Registered with th Animal Behaviour and Training Council (ABTC), Jackie is an accredited animal training instructor and is one of the UK’s leading dog behaviour specialists.
Everything we offer here at Specialist Dog Training is built around Jackie's experience and expertise in canine and feline behaviour management, psychology and aggression.
Jackie is also qualified in canine and feline first aid and is a pet food nutritional advisor.
Teddy Murphy - Special Dog
Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m a long haired German Shepherd. I have been with Specialist Dog Training since 2007.
Back in the day, Jackie and I trained along-side the elite police dog search and rescue teams, and could compete with the best on any agility course.
I’ve slowed down a bit now, but I still have an important role here at Specialist Dog Training. I assist Jackie by guiding nervous dogs and help them to overcome their fears.
I am the inspiration behind ‘Teddy’s Trekkers’, which is our walking group for clients and their dogs. I also share some top training tips every Thursday with all the dog owners out who need a bit of guidance.
It goes without saying that I have the social skills that makes Specialist Dog Training proud.
Bear Murphy - Special Puppy
Hi, my name is Bear and I’m a long haired German Shepherd puppy!
I have only been with Specialist Dog Training for a short while, but I am already learning the ropes. I am proud to have completed First Paws and most people I meet think that I am pretty sociable.
I have also learned not to stray too far away from Jackie. Sometimes it’s hard to resist temptation but I have a lot to live up to with my big brother Teddy. He helps by showing me how to be a well-behaved dog.
I will be helping Teddy with some ‘tips of the week’ but these will be aimed at all the youngsters out there, so be sure to look out for ‘Bear’s Big Puppy Tips’ and let’s make our owners proud!
- Graduate Diploma in Animal Behaviour Management
- Advance Diploma in Canine Behaviour Management
- Advance Diploma in Feline Behaviour Management
- Diploma in canine psychology
- Canine Aggression
- Diploma in feline psychology
- Distinction in Canine and Feline First Aid
- Completed a Nutritional Advisors Programme with one of the top pet food companies in the UK
- Distinction in the study of wolf – the dog’s wild relation.
- Diploma in Small Mammals (rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, rats, gerbils, etc).
- Society for Education and Training and has satisfied the requirements and been awarded QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills Status)
- Part of the tutorial team and careers advisor at Compass Education and Training
- Ambassador of Great Britain for the International Society of Animal Professionals
- Lantra Awards approved customised provision instructor I also hold an up-to-date DBS check
- Teddy is an assessed trained dog for attending schools/colleges/other educational establishments and organisations
- Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC) Registered Accredited Animal Behaviourist
Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC) Registered Animal Training Instructor