Do you want to try something different, fun and enjoyable with your dog? The dog agility might just be what you’re looking for!
Dog agility is a fun, fast-moving sport in which the handler must direct their dog through and over a series of obstacles. This is a specialist course that holds six dogs with their owners, giving everyone plenty of one-to-one time and the flexibility for you and your dog to work at your own pace.
What you will learn
The course begins by starting the dogs on low jumps and obstacles. The height or width of the obstacle is then slowly increased as training and skills progress.
- How to navigate through the various tunnels.
- The importance of the pause box.
- Mastering the perfect weave.
- Triumph over the A-frame and dog walk.
Dogs start their training on a lead with positive rewards that includes praise, treats and toys.
So if you and your dog(s) want to do something different, book onto our agility course and join in the fun!
Sign up today!
- Dog(s) should be 12 months and over to book onto this agility course. However, if your dog is under 12 months, please contact us 07939 755872 for advice before booking.
- Please do not arrive before the time stated on your receipted booking form. Please meet in the car park area, Jackie will then come to meet and greet you.
- Owners will need their own dog(s) at this is a practical course and only the enrolled dog can attend the course.
- All dogs must wear a collar, be on a lead or harness/head collar and wear an identification tag. All dogs need to be fully vaccinated/wormed and flead.
- As this course is held outdoors, you are advised to dress to suit the weather conditions. You will need to bring sufficient dog treats for your dog. Also, please remember to be a responsible dog owner and clear up after your dog, so plenty of poop bags/plastic bags/etc.
- If your dog comes into contact with any infectious/contagious diseases or conditions before the course starts (such as kennel cough or mange), you need to have your dog checked by a vet before bringing them to the class.
- Dogs and owners use all the equipment at their own risk.
- Please see our full terms and conditions.
Jackie is a fully qualified animal behaviour trainer (with over 20 animal related qualifications within her sector), a registered accredited Animal Behaviourist (ABTC) and a registered Animal Training Instructor (ABTC) . Jackie has worked with problem behaviour and training cases since 2004 and runs her own training and behaviour business along with a Diploma in Teaching in Lifelong Learning Sector and holds a Qualified Teaching and Learning and Skills status. Jackie has also written articles for dog related magazines and animal related websites
What others thought
Want more help with your dog training?
Don’t want to sign up to the course? But still, want help with your dog training? Why not buy a starter pack and get started yourself at home. All our packs are available to buy separately!